General Rules And Regulations:
- Age requirement:
- Minimum age requirement is preferably 8 plus years old for enrolment to regular courses.
- Training will be conducted at the Institute Premises, Online, Onsite, Offices or Institutional campus. Trainers will not be assigned to the students’ personal residences.
- Knowledge of English is preferable for the benefit of the candidate.
- Minimum number of students required to run a particular batch is 12.
- In case of insufficient enrolments for a particular batch, before the course commences, that particular course will be either cancelled or postponed. Once a particular batch has commenced there will be no reimbursement of fees under any circumstances.
- Cell phones should be kept on silent mode during class and only urgent calls can be made/answered outside the classroom.Text messaging is strictly prohibited during the class.
- Course details and duration
- The various course syllabus and brief details are available on the website and also displayed in the institute premises for reference.
- Each course comprises of training for a minimum of 2 hours a day for every weekday class and 2 hours a day for every weekend class and will be decided based on course duration.
- The number of hours per course is subject to change depending on the batch strength, student grasping ability and completion of syllabus before the prescribed time.
Registration, Change/Transfer Of Batch, Withdrawal Of Participation:
- The registration will be held valid only when full amount of the respective course fee has been paid or as agreed terms at the time of admission.
- Text books and course material will be issued only after full payment of the prescribed fee is met and distributed to the students as per respective course schedules.
- The registration includes the right to attend the selected foreign language classes, to be present at the examination and to obtain the corresponding certificate. The issue of certificates are subject to minimum required attendance and acquiring minimum marks required
- Change of batch and/or timing of batch would be allowed only before the commencement of the chosen course or as per the management discretion.
- The student will be allowed to transfer to another batch (if agreed) only after paying the agreed fee. The institute will reserve the right to take the final decision on the batch transfer.
- Withdrawal of participation from any course must be submitted in writing by the student with stated reasons. The date of withdrawal will be considered as the date of receipt of the letter at the Institute. There will be no reimbursement of fees in this case.
Periodical assessment test will be conducted for students with or without prior notice of any of the training offered, to determine the progress of the student
Attendance, Examinations & Evaluation Criteria:
- Ocean Language Academy is under no obligation to voluntarily compensate the student, monetarily or academically for absenteeism on their part.
- The student should obtain a minimum attendance of 95% during the course.
- Fixture of examination dates are at the sole discretion of the institute.
- Ocean Language Academy will not be responsible and/or not bound to provide any alternate option to students who do not present themselves on the scheduled examination date.
- All assignments must be submitted within the prescribed time. Any assignments submitted after the final exam date will not be evaluated.
- Only those students who pass the course with the required minimum marks will be awarded the pass certificates.
- The pass percentage is 70% for all courses.
- A student will be issued a participation certificate only if they have minimum attendance of 95%.
- Certificates and marks cards will be issued only 15 days after the completion of the course. In case a student wishes to have it issued in advance they will have to request in advance for the same.
- Students are required to state their full legal names in the prescribed form along with legal proof so as to appear the correct name on the certificate and to avoid future confusion. Certificate issued once will not be changed later
- In case a student wishes to change their name on the certificate after its issue, they would have to pay a ‘new certificate issue fee’ of Rs 500/-.
- In case of misplacement, severe damage or loss of original certificates, duplicate certificates will be issued only on receipt of an original affidavit stating the reason for loss and requirement for a new certificate
Liability Of Ocean Language Academy:
- Ocean Language Academy will not be held responsible for any personal items that have been misplaced, stolen, lost or left behind by students unsupervised.
- The liability of Ocean Language Academy and its staff is limited to intent and gross negligence.
- Ocean Language Academy also accepts no liability for the cancellation of its service in the event of unavoidable external forces (e.g. natural disasters, fire, floods, war, official orders and all the other circumstances beyond the control of the contractual parties)